Personal information related to individuals is based on the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
3.1 Personal information collected by ITEA
While browsing the ITEA public website, no personal information is collected. However, cookies are used to manage our website and improve the browsing experience of the visitor. The ITEA website uses essential cookies for the operation of the website and other cookies for tools such as Google Analytics, YouTube and Twitter that collect anonymised information.
In order to participate in the ITEA programme and to make use of its services, one needs to register via the ITEA Community website (https://itea3.org/community) and to create an ITEA account. When creating an ITEA account, users are requested to provide certain personal data required to take part in events and project creation, to publish an ITEA project idea, to act as an ITEA project leader, or to be part of an ITEA project as a technical contact, a financial contact or an associate (project member).
The following personal data is requested to create an ITEA account:
- Must-have information: first name, last name, email address, organisation; Optional information: phone number (s), company address, department and position at organisation, professional expertise, profile photo;
- The user may choose to make the optional information visible on the (restricted) community website (e.g. for partner search);
- The user may opt in to receive additional information like the ITEA Magazine, Newsletters, event invitations, etc.
- The user may opt in to share limited information for a specific purpose with a third party, for example the EUREKA Secretariat.
All personal data can be modified and managed by the account user except email address and organisation. In the case of a change in email address or organisation, users can contact the ITEA Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) to update the information.
3.2 How personal information is used by ITEA
The personal data is used by ITEA Office to contact participants in relation to the management of ITEA-organised events and ITEA projects. Event-related management includes event registration, payment status, DND status, and surveys for the evaluation of events. Project-related management covers all activities performed by ITEA Office to support the creation and labelling of a project, to monitor and evaluate the running projects as well as to measure the impact of the project.
ITEA Office may use service providers for e.g. email monitoring (e.g. Mailjet), user surveys (e.g. SurveyMonkey®), physical distribution of magazines. In such cases ITEA Office takes care that service providers apply the appropriate privacy regulations.
3.3 Sharing of personal information with 3rd parties
In general, ITEA Office does not share personal data with any 3rd parties without a clear consent from the person.; ITEA Office cannot share sets of e-mail addresses of contacts in any general process (e.g. sharing the set of all project leaders, or technical contacts, or office staff addresses with another organisation).There are a few exceptions to this principle: in order to allow Public Authorities to support the ITEA Community, personal information may be shared with them, without confirmation. Furthermore, ITEA Office can incidentally share e-mail addresses on an individual basis for matchmaking or other ITEA-related business (e.g. person X would like to invite person y to a project (idea) or person X may be interested to join project or booth Z).
Personal data is not exposed on the ITEA public website with two exceptions:
- The following information of a project leader is visible on the public ITEA website: name, photo, organisation, country, projects involved.
- The following information of a funder (public authorities and ITAC members) is visible on the public ITEA website: name, photo, organisation, professional address, phone number.
Changes in the role of project leader and public authority are arranged on request to the ITEA Office via email@example.com.
3.4 Deletion of personal information
Every ITEA Community member can change his/her optional personal data and toggle his/her profile visibility at all times.
On request, personal information can be deleted or anonymised except for the specific cases explained below. To secure the operations of the ITEA Office, there are 3 possible options:
Personal information cannot be deleted for:
- Project leaders
- Members of ITEA management bodies
- External reviewers of ITEA projects
- Representatives of public authorities
- Project consortium members of:
- active projects;
- project proposals;
- projects completed or cancelled less than 5 years ago
- Registrants for any ITEA event of the last 2 years
- Project idea owners of the last 2 years
Personal information can be anonymised for
- Project consortium members of projects completed or cancelled more than 5 years ago
- Registrants for any ITEA event more than 2 years ago
- Project idea owners of ideas older than 2 years
Personal information can be deleted for
- Any of the other members not mentioned above